Monday, August 15, 2011

Photo of the Day: Reaching High


When I was a kid, before I turned into a smart-alec-know-it-all, I liked to pretend that clouds were the ghosts of trees that had passed on. I made up a whole mythology about how they were trees that had been chopped down before their time and that rain was their tears, falling back to Earth to nurture their descendents.

I was a weird kid.



In taking this photo, I just want to say that I risked life and limb to get the shot! I was brave! I was strong! I stood my ground against an invading force! I was bit no less than four times by fire ants in the field where I snapped this and still have the blisters on my toes to prove it. If you've never had a fire ant bite/sting you, you're probably laughing right now. If you have had a fire ant bite/sting you, you understand my pain.

Asshole ants.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...