Friday, August 19, 2011

30 Day Lolita Challenge: Day Ten

Can you believe it? I've made it a third of the way through this meme! I can barely believe it. I mean. Seriously. I usually give up after two days on these suckers.

Day 10: What’s in your bag?

This depends on the day and the bag, to be honest. If we go with "Today, right now", you'll get my work bag. The company I work for shames us by forcing us into carrying huge, see-through plastic bags to prove we're not shoplifting.




In it, you'll find:
  1. Safety pins
  2. Oatmeal bar snack
  3. Packaged fork and spoon for lunch
  4. EOS lip balm 
  5. A couple of glittery lip glosses
  6. A bottle of CVS' knock-off brand of Tylenol
  7. A bottle of Walgreen's knock-off brand of Claritin (disguised as Benadryl)
  8. Bandaids 
  9. Hairties
  10. Name badge/lanyard
  11. Spare lanyard 
  12. Sharpie
  13. Mini sign holder
  14. Notebook
  15. Cell phone 
  16. Car/house keys (with pill case and funky keychains)
  17. Shop keys
  18. Wallet 
  19. A blue marble (wtf?!)
  20. Work apron (full of even more junk)




Then, we look inside the lovely apron and we find:
  1. Tape measure
  2. Moo cards case
  3. Safety pins galore
  4. Allen wrenches
  5. Mini sign holders
  6. Assorted pens, sharpies and highlighters
  7. Calculator
  8. Inkstain
  9. More sign holders
  10. Sales flyers
  11. Assorted lost trims, buttons and gems
  12. Vitamin C losanges
  13. Scissors
  14. Boxcutter

I didn't photograph my other bags, because that would be a week's worth of work, but I did quickly jot down what I had inside:

If we go with the black purse I carry on casual days, the amount of junk decreases significantly. It usually holds my wallet and cell phone, a few pens, a small notepad, glasses lens wipes, contact solution, a spare contact case (just in case, harhar), EOS lip balm, my point-and-shoot and rewetting drops.

For photography-expedition days, I carry one of my two camera bags and jam my wallet and cell phone in where I can. Lately, I've been favoring the backpack, which carries my camera body, two lenses (one usually attached to the body), business cards, my flash and miniature soft box, filters and cases (two UV, two polarizers, three diffusers and two colored filters for black and white fun), pens and paper, flashlights, laser pointers, lens wipes, a few make-up brushes (to clean the lenses as needed), my point and shoot for quick shots

Finally, if you look in my bag on a lolita day (which is probably the only one this meme wants to know about), you will find my wallet, cell phone, a hinged mirror, make-up for retouches (lipstick/stain/pencil/gloss, concealer, mascara, liner and eyelash glue, normally), my point and shoot camera, a Tide to go pen, glasses lens wipes, a contact case, contact solution, rewetting drops and possibly one of my PSPs.

I don't really understand the phrase "pack light", to be honest. It's a bit sad sometimes.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...