Monday, January 10, 2011

Photo(s) of the Day: Heaven and Hell


I should have taken photos of the food I ate yesterday, but it was so quickly consumed that I didn't think of it until later. Instead, you get cupcakes. Delicious, delicious cupcakes.



Yesterday, I went to eat dim sum with two friends of mine that I met through lolita. We didn't dress up (mostly because of the weather and the environment), but we had a lot of fun. We ate dim sum, got gelato-and-bubble-tea (if you live in/near Houston and have never been to Gelato Cup on Bellaire, YOU NEED TO GO), and visited FIT for a bit of shopping and a round of ridiculous purikura. Having so little experience with purikura, and usually having left other people to do the decorating, it was an eventful experience. I screwed up one of the photos for us. Boo.

All in all, a good day!
(In spite of a lack of chicken feet)

Just as a tease (seriously, it's nowhere near done), we discussed plans for a collaborative photo shoot in the near future. We need to check up on the location, and I still have to make up the props (and harass a model into coming along), but the ideas are shaping into action.

As I mentioned in my last post, I have articles planned for addressing clichés and tropes as far as lolita goes. The shoot that we're working on preparing at the moment is going to be Wonderland themed and address some of the common issues people encounter when combining Alice and Lolita. I'm really excited about the shoot, because I plan on combining several mediums into one with it.

Also, this blog has reached 50 followers. Hooray! Hello, new followers!

5 comments:

Anonymous

Oh man, these are not helping with my cravings for chocolate and sweets; they look so good! You captured them deliciously

Anonymous

Awesome "Before & After" photo LOL

Your future shoot sounds really awesome :)

Horuss

so delicious. and grats to you.

Shady

it looks soo delicious

Mister Sharaf

im hungry now

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...